Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My Super-Agent

I have gotten caught up in the wave of agent love that floats around in blogs and tweets.  I am so inspired that I must join in!
I just want to say that my agent is the best agent ever!
No, I don’t have an agent yet, but I can feel them coming…  And they are so good!  So before I forget, I want to take this moment to let them know how much they mean to me.  All of their dedication and advice is indispensable.  They always go out of their way to support me, guide me, and publicize me.  They are everything I have searched for and more.
No, I’m not exaggerating.  They are truly amazing to work with.  I don’t have to meet them to know this.  I know this because of the months I have spent querying, doubting, revising, querying, panicking, researching, and querying.  Like all those crummy, womanizing, self-centered boyfriends before finally meeting ‘the one’, these months have prepared me for the future.  That one will come, I don’t know who they will be, I only know how much they will mean to me.
You might think this is kissing up, but it’s not.  It’s just understanding the road that leads you to ‘the one’.  Filled with potholes, and speed bumps, detour and wrong way signs, it makes you appreciate them all the more.
So here is my shout-out to my agent unknown.  I don’t know who you are, but I know what you are.  Thank you for being my ‘Super-Agent’.

All of you writers out there, published or unpublished, tell me what qualities make up your ‘Super-Agent’.
All of you agents out there, tell me what qualities make up your ‘Super-Client’.

Let’s all share the writer-agent love…

No comments: