Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Award it Forward...

I just received a blog award from the amazing and talented Nikki Brandyberry!   This is actually my second award, the first one I received was when I was new at blogging and had no idea what to do with the thing.  I’ll probably still not get it quite right, but I’ll try and pay it forward here today…

The award that Nikki gave came with the following list of things to do: 

1. Share 7 things about your­self
2. Pass the award to more blog­gers recently dis­cov­ered
3. Notify the blog­ger recip­i­ents
4. Link the blog­ger who gave the award

So, seven things about me…

-     The thing that scares me most about potential publication is… readings.  The idea of sitting in front of people and reading what I have written almost makes me ill.  But I’m afraid it’s unavoidable.  Look at me, I’m sweating already!
-     I grew up in California and I do not like avocados.  They taste bad.  People say they don’t have any flavor, but I say they do and it isn’t good!
-     I have been to almost every state in the United States, some of them multiple times.  We drove back and forth across this country throughout my childhood, for fun.
-     In my first novel, my main character lives where I would love to live and drives what I would love to drive.  But I’m human, she’s not, so there you go.
-     I have a hard time remembering people’s names in my real life, maybe that’s why in my works-in-progress the characters say each other’s names all too frequently.
-     I grew up in a house where there were no ‘swear’ words used, and this includes words that most people don’t consider ‘swear’ words.  To this day I cannot swear aloud.  I just can’t do it.  But my characters do now and then, because they need to appear more real than my actual life does.
-     My husband has never read a single book I have written.  Maybe someday he will, I don’t know.  They’re not his genre and he would be honest, so now he has actually been banned from reading them.

There you have it, that’s me in a weird and distorted little nutshell.

Nikki’s blog is linked in the list of blogs I like and I’ll put a link here too: Nikki Brandyberry
She does some really great and honest book reviews on her blog, plus author interviews, giveaways and lots of book related fun stuff.  If you haven’t checked out her site you most definitely should.

Now, on to some other blogs that you really should check out:

Jennifer Hillier has a great blog of her own, plus she posts at Killer Chicks, if you haven’t checked out her site, you should… Jennifer Hillier

Natalie Whipple has an amazing blog.  She talks about her writing journey and does this Q&A thing, where she takes your questions, any and posts responses to them all.  She is so quick to help fellow writers, seriously, check her site out here… between fact and fiction

Natalie Fischer’s blog at: adventures in agentland is a fun agent blog to check out with a wide variety of topics as well as great tips about the book world in general.

Alexia Chamberlynn has a great blog to check out as well, you should go here to see: Life and Literary

J.N. Duncan’s is another writer’s blog that has great topics.  I recommend stopping by to see for yourself here: jnduncan

While I’m at it, I’d like to say another thank you for the first blog award I received:

Given to me at the time by: Christauna Asay artnwritin
So many great blogs out there!  Check them out today!

3 comments:

jnduncan said...

Hey, you noticed my blog! Thank you. Always nice to see that my ramblings are of interest to people.

Jennifer Hillier said...

Wow, thanks for the award, Julie! I'm soooo flattered!

Julie Geistfeld said...

You both have great blogs! Thanks for all the posts you share.