Monday, February 28, 2011

If You’re Ever In Sun Valley…

As a follow up to my ‘A Place to Call Home’ post I get to announce the winners of my wolf-ish prizes and spread a little Sun Valley love.
First off, if you’re ever in Sun Valley there are a few places that I recommend visiting.  These are places I try to go every time I’m there and would recommend to anyone I know, so I’ll recommend them to you.
Chapter One Bookstore on Main Street in Ketchum.  I love this cozy bookstore.  It has a great selection of kid’s books as well as lots of interesting local flair.  Every time I’m there I stock up on new and interesting books for the kids to enjoy throughout our stay.  The staff is always friendly, but then who isn’t in Sun Valley, and the selection always fun to browse.  So if you’re ever in the Sun Valley area please give this local bookstore your business, because after all, we love books!  chapteronebookstore
Gretchen’s at the Sun Valley Lodge.  This little restaurant is located on the main level of the lodge and has some seriously good food.  I had crème brulee there with a blackberry sauce that made time stand still.  Really, I think it stopped for a moment.  Even the iced tea is exceptional.  You won’t regret a meal at Gretchen’s.  SunValleyLodge
The Kneadery in Ketchum is another wonderful dining experience.  They serve a breakfast that feels truly local with fresh and flavorful ingredients.  Their lunches are just as pleasing, so stop by anytime for a great and filling meal.  Really, we take guests there all the time.  TheKneadery

Ok, before I get too long winded on the Sun Valley recommendations, yes I could go on and on, I’ll jump ahead to the winners of my blog giveaway.
Drum-roll please……….
And the winners are:
Toby and Melissa – Wolves At Our Door by Jim and Jamie Dutcher
            This is a story of how wolves came back into Idaho.  I fell in love with these wolves on my first trip to Sun Valley and I hope you do too.  Their story is heartbreaking and magnificent.  This is why I had to incorporate wolves into my Sun Valley novel.

Beth – The Werewolves of Millers Hollow
            This is a game I just discovered that sounds like a lot of fun for a group of people.  I can’t wait to try it out myself at my next gathering. 

So, all the winners should contact me by email or DM on Twitter and pass along their addresses.  I’ll ship those giveaway prizes right out for your enjoyment.  Thank you for taking the time to view the blog and enter.  It’s always great hearing from readers out there.

And remember, if you’re ever in Sun Valley you’re sure to meet the friendliest folks around.  Oh, and the potatoes really are better there too.

I love you, Sun Valley!  Thanks for letting me call you ‘home’ even if it’s only once in a while.

1 comment:

Julie Geistfeld said...

Why don't you go check out my winner's blogs?

http://bethfred.com/about/

http://melissacrytzerfry.com/