Thursday, February 10, 2011

What I Want to Read…

There are a few books I really want to read.  Some of them I have in my possession, some are on the way to me now, and some I have yet to invest in.  My problem?  TIME.  Basically I can’t seem to find any extra lying around unused.
Between being a mom and a wife and all the whatnot associated with that, and trying to get some amount of my own writing and editing and all that fun stuff done, and having one seasonal cold that runs into another… well, time is not a commodity that is left unspoken for.
When I’m in the middle of writing a book, I tend to avoid doing any reading.  I get wrapped up in my story and if derailed by another, it can cause me flow issues.  Right now I am in the middle of writing my own book, so that puts a kybosh on any new reading for a little.  But as soon as I get myself in gear and finish this MS, I have a list of books that’ll be vying for my attention.
I recently got BLUE BLOODS by Melissa DeLaCruz, well, three books actually, and they’re calling to me a lot.  I don’t know what to expect from this one, but hope it’ll be a fun read. 
I would also love to read through 100 CUPBOARDS by ND Wilson and HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON by Cressida Cowell.  I have both these books now, but they’re yet unread.  I’m working on a MG book (on the side) and would like to have a little more related reading under my belt.
There’s one book that I must make my very next read though.  LET THE RIGHT ONE IN (LET ME IN) by John Ajvide Lindqvist has caught my attention.  It’s a vampire book, but from a different angle, and sounds promising.  The book and DVD are on the way to me and I’m really excited to get both.  I think I’ll like it and I’m so eager to find out that it’ll be hard to resist.
Another one tha’s probably second on my list is HANDLING THE UNDEAD, also by Lindqvist.  It sounds like a Zombie book from an entirely different perspective, so I’m really excited about it as well.  I don’t have that one yet, but I doubt I’ll be able to hold off for long.  I’m sure it’ll be in my hands well before I find the time to read it.

So, in the event I can manage to finish my writing, and free up some time around midnight or so, then perhaps I’ll get to spend time in a book that is both bound and not written by me.  That’d be a nice change of pace. 
In the meantime, happy writing and happy reading to you.

1 comment:

Angela (Library Girl Reads) said...

I hear you on the time factor! Right now my "free" time is the two to three hours that my daughter naps and I really should be spending that time getting other things done around the house.

I have two shelves of books on our bedroom bookshelf waiting for me to get to them and that doesn't include the books on the main bookshelves that I want to re-read before the next book in the series comes out. So many books, so little time! Only good thing is that I will never run out of reading material :-)