Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Keep on Writing (it's not excuses, just reality)

It seems like a good time for another not-excuses-just-reality post. I've begun to realize that my writing goals may need to be amended. Not because I don't have the ideas to write or the desire to write, but time has become an issue. (Even factoring out the minecraft playing, which I haven't done for some time.)

I have kids and my kids come first. Always. Right now we are at this moment in ages where one is staying up later and later while the other isn't going to school full time yet. So my evenings, which had been my writing time, are shrinking considerably. Yet my days, which could be my writing time, are unavailable to a great degree. That leaves me with... well, not a whole lot to work with.

So here and there I steal time and make a little progress. But it's just that, a little.

I think that I would be doing good to put out a book this year. And how many did I want to? Four or five? Right.

But the thing is. I can see the future. No I'm not clairvoyant, I just know that in another 15 months I will have kids in school and writing can become my day job. So aside from home stuff and school stuff, I will have days each week in which hours can be spent writing.

So for now I'm trying not to beat myself up. I will have more time for this. I will be able to make progress like I used to. I just need to not get discouraged and not quit trying. The books will come, the words will be written, it's just the timing that needs adjusting.

So I hope you'll be patient with me. I may even take a stab at traditional publishing again. But it will be when deadlines can be met and my second career can receive the time it needs.

Thank you!
:)
Sincerely,

The writer inside

No comments: