Thursday, October 30, 2014

So Much Procrastination, So Little Time


Since life wasn’t really willing to give me time to write I finally had to take what I could. That means 9:30 or 10 to 12:00 each night. It’s not a lot, but it is something. I can manage a good 1.5-2k in that amount of time, but have to take a break to sleep every 3 or 4 nights. Otherwise I start to become zombie-ish and that’s not pretty.

So now that the writer is actually writing I guess it’s time to re-assess my goals.

I have four series that I need to complete another book for. That means write it, edit it (edit it, edit, it, edit it), publish it. I can’t imagine this will happen this year even though I had high hopes some months back. If I could manage one, that would be totally amazing. I’m thinking the MG because 50k seems way more possible to me right now. Although one series it will be the final book in the series which would be amazing as well, sad, but amazing.

I do currently have two completed manuscripts, one is MG and one is YA. I need to edit both and then get them into the hands of some betas. I would totally do this for the sake of accomplishing something this year, but alas I’ve been distracted by writing and of course it’s something new, not something on my to-do list.

Currently I am around 18k on this new project, but I’m really excited about it because it’s a completely different bent for me. I also think it has perhaps the greatest publishing potential of anything I’ve written to date. That means that I might shoot for traditional publishing by querying agents again. But that won’t be until it is super polished, so maybe I’m looking at 2015-16 for that to happen.

Of course all my down time has also left me with far too many new ideas to handle as well. I have five ideas that actually have folders on my computer and two more that are only contained in emails and notes to myself. Down time unfortunately leads to this type of thing so it’s always good to avoid it because what you don’t need when you don’t have time to write is more stuff you want to write. Ugg.

            That’s how 2014 is shaping up so far.

            How are your goals for the year shaping up?

No comments: